March 8, 2013

Quick Fix Footstool

I'm more a "curl up on the couch" kind of person.  My husband prefers to take a pillow from the couch, put it on small side table and then put his feet up on it.  I put an end to that when I sold the pillows at the garage sale last weekend so a quick fix was in order.


Old IKEA nesting table to the rescue.


 The nice thing about IKEA furniture is that it is very easy to take apart. 


I'm trying to embrace patterns a bit more so I bought a small bit of fabric that I thought might give the room some subtle pizazz.  It is not as grellow (greenish yellow) as the photo below makes it out to be.  Definitely more of a deep golden.  The top picture is pretty spot on  - at least on my computer.  Everything else I used was already on hand.   I finally used up all the leftover material I had from these projects here and here.




I took some Gold Leaf Rub-n-Buff and changed the base.  It is the perfect color with the golden chevrons.  


And how did my guy respond when he discovered it by the couch?  "It's all I've ever wanted:  a soft spot to rest my feet."  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment