February 19, 2013

Three Little Birds On My Headboard Part 1

Because we move not infrequently and because we haven't ever found The One and because, truth be told, I don't think it matters all that much, well, we have had the same very basic H-frame for our bed since before we were "we." 




Yup, we've been living like college students for a very long time.  In our defense, we have replaced the mattress.  I'd love to upgrade to a king sized bed but I always have concerns that it won't fit into our next house.  I have decided that, at the very least, perhaps a headboard is in order.

Our bedroom hasn't always looked so very sad.  My fabric inspiration was a very simple project I did for the bedroom back in 2005.  The Issac Mizrahi for Target line came out and I picked up a tablecloth on clearance for under $10.  I loved the bright pop of color.  I cut out my favorite poppy, stretched it around a 4ft x 4ft DIY frame, and hung it on the wall at the head of the bed.  Obviously it isn't there any longer.  Now it hangs in my daughter's room and my bedroom is once again very sad. 



In order to remedy that, I wanted to find a fabric that was fun.  Dare I say whimsical?  Obviously that was a rhetorical question.  I don't like my room to feel stuffy or formal.  On the other hand, its current vibe is a bit too "eat pizza out of a cardboard box in bed."  So here is a tiny hint at what I have decided to do... 




Is that a shower curtain?  Why, yes it is...






No comments:

Post a Comment