February 5, 2013

Keep Calm And Carry On


It is time to steel myself for several months of unexpected surprises but I truly feel that it is soooo worth it in the end.

There are so many details to get right when planning any move.  A move overseas has added checklists.  A move with the military seems to have so many extra hoops to jump through and forms to fill out and briefings to attend.  Things that are set in stone seem to change overnight.  Everybody is telling you something different but they all emphasize that it must be done correctly.  When we moved to Italy, I held my breath and didn't believe that it was actually happening until our plane finally touched down on Italian soil.  If, at any point of that flight, the plane had turned around and taken us back to the US, I don't know that I would have been surprised.  What I would have been is utterly disappointed.

Not everybody wants to relocate thousands and thousands of miles from their family.  To a country where people might speak a foreign language.  To somewhere with different customs and strange food.  Personally, I think it is an amazing opportunity!  I love the idea of living in a country where the language is foreign.  I love learning about the different customs.  Trying strange food.

So, I shall adopt the recently popular but historically obscure slogan from the British Ministry of Magic Information during the time of Second World War:



File:Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg
                                                           








Perhaps even more appropriate is the slogan from the first issued poster:



Chin up!  This will happen!  I feel a bit like Dory, "Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming."

No comments:

Post a Comment