January 16, 2013

Meet Morry





This 25" tall mouse-eared elephant is Morry.  It was smile at first sight when I walked into my favorite local art gallery and saw him standing there.  He's part old man/part old soul.  The slump of his shoulders makes him seem a bit tired but there are playful elements there too:  the worn red scooter, the glint in his eye.  I'm also taken by the screw in his trunk - it's there on purpose, like a nose piercing that he got in his youth.  I imagine him having the walk of Charlie Chaplin.  To me, he's a bit "Tim Burton meets Big Top."  Best of all, he makes me happy.   A shout out to all the local artists out there!  Local artists are awesome!!!  Love you guys!  

Everybody go out and support your local artists!!  You can see more of Brian Mergenthaler's works by clicking here.
















No comments:

Post a Comment