November 9, 2012

It was a total accident

I needed to patch a hole in the bathroom. 
 
My little guy managed to rip the towel bar off the bathroom wall.  He said it was an accident.  No, not an accident that he was h a n g i n g  from it.  THAT was intentional.   But, the "tearing it off the wall" part was completely an accident.  We're still working on that whole "repercussions of your actions" thing. Such antics left a giant [OK, not so giant, but when you have to patch and spackle and prime and paint it suddenly gets a lot bigger] hole in the wall.  I put off fixing it because I couldn't decide if I should rehang the bar for him to, well, rehang from. There was also the issue of the paint color which I didn't have more of and disliked anyway.  That meant it would be time to paint the whole bathroom.   
 
Yesterday I patched, spackled, sanded, primed and painted.  I even took down the cabinet above the toilet to paint the wall behind it.  It's all in the details, right?  Then I rehung the cabinet.  Almost. 
 
I hung it from two anchors [I thought]. Just as I was reaching for the screwdriver to sink some screws into the cabinet to ensure it didn't fall... it...fell.  Hard.  It managed to break the toilet tank lid and dent the freshly painted wall in the process.  It could have been worse.  It could have broken the toilet tank full of water.   Unfortunately 10 year old toilet tank lids aren't sold at your local big box store.  You need to call the manufacturer so they can tell you they are out of stock until Forever.  Then you have to contact websites like ibrokemytanklid.com and bobstanklidemporium.com [OK, maybe I made these particular names up] before resorting to eBay.  eBay?  You can find everything on eBay!   
 
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to patch a hole in the bathroom.

Update: I only slightly exaggerated those website names. 


No comments:

Post a Comment