November 14, 2012

Blame It On The Dog



Fortunately for me, the chaos that inspired this post was not mine but my brother's.  Unfortunately for him, he had an 8 ft tall unframed mirror leaning up against a wall...until it wasn't.  In his words, "I don't know what happened.  It was there and then it was all over the place."  That made me laugh.  


https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/57103_10151315046874459_1145837061_o.jpg


I don't know what happened either but for the sake of closure I say we blame the dog.  It's the perfect plan.  Blaming the dog is a win-win.  We use dogs as our scapegoats ALL the time.  I assume this is because they are easier pets to keep than goats. I say give her some extra attention, and a treat too, because I'm sure that giant crashing mirror scared her.  See, a win-win.  

Now I really shouldn't be proposing this because I have a child who is very good at deflecting blame.  For example, I might walk into the kitchen and find her standing in the midst of broken bag of flour, dust covering her clothing.  When confronted, she would most likely look at me and say that she had no idea what I was talking about.  If I were to point out the disaster she would suddenly notice it and immediately know who else must have done it.  She is very sly thinks she is very sly.  She reminds me of that old Shaggy song "Wasn't Me."  Except that she's 11 and I don't even want her listening to that song.  Back to the mirror disaster...

I'd love to be the recipient of all those broken mirror shards!  They are a mosaic in the making!  If my little brother didn't live halfway across the country I'd be there in an instant to help him clean up.


source

Isn't that dog amazing!   Pam Isner is a local artist.  So talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment