December 10, 2012

No Charlie Brown tree for us

Our tree this year is ginormously fat.  At least for us it is.  It barely fits into our "Christmas tree spot" spot.

This year's weather in the great Christmas Tree Farming state of North Carolina
has been ideal for tree growingThat has led to an abundance of big FAT Fraiser firs.  No skinny happening here.  Get one of these babies and you might have to send your loved ones out on a "not so cold because it is NC" Winter's night to attempt to buy more strands of lights for the tree.  [Sorry. Thank you. At least it wasn't cold or rainy.  Right?]

Our tree is brushing the walls and still comes out 7 feet from the corner.  I measured it.  Then took a picture.  I realize that makes me a dork.






In case you had any doubt that I was talking about a real tree, here's the proof. 
YayPine needles all over the carpet.  




 






We had to move a chair, the rug, and the coffee table.  It officially has its own room.

We get our tree from a
small Christmas tree farm about 4 blocks away.  The folks there jack our kids up on hot chocolate, marshmallows and candy canes while we are preoccupied with choosing the perfect tree.  Then we pay 3x as much as we would have if we had gone to some kind of Super-Depot-Mart.  There are plenty of things I end up acquiring at a Super-Depot-Mart, I'd rather not buy my holiday cheer there as well.  Plus, if I had a Christmas tree farm and they didn't, I'd sure love it if they bought their tree from me.  But I don't, and they do, so see how that works out?

They have a sign as you leave telling you to have a TREEmendous holiday.  I think it is perfectly retro/cheesy.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment