April 14, 2013

Setting the Record Straight

My sweet husband commented that someone reading my posts might assume that all I ever do is cook and do projects when I actually clean all the time too.  Sweet of him to notice.  So, in case anyone was under the impression that all I ever do is craft and cook, here's some of the other exciting stuff I was doing yesterday . . .

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Wash Dry Repeat Repeat Repeat.



I'm also wiping up yellow pollen.  It's everywhere!  I had the windows open when the wind picked up.  The carpet feels like I dusted it with baking soda.  I'm now cleaning pollen from every single surface and window blind.  If it was edible, I'm sure we'd have enough for a meal.




I used the power washer and sprayed down the front porch of all its accumulated pollen.  Then I tackled the front walkway.  There were several years of accumulated dirt and mold.  Every time I finished a square there was such a sense of satisfaction, and every time I started spraying the next one I felt as if I would never finish.  If you power wash barefoot just make sure you keep your toes out of the spray - because it hurts.  Learn from my mistakes and spare yourself.   




I was actually going to make olive focaccia bread but I was out of yeast.  Say it isn't so!  I am trying to use up everything in the pantry/fridge/freezer but it is too soon to run out of yeast.  So, I let the kids snack on the olives instead and I'll pick more of both up at the store today.






No comments:

Post a Comment